Looking for the best brother sergers for sale? Brother is a great brand of serger, and these Brother sergers all have great reviews. Check out this post and learn about the difference between a serger and a sewing machine, what an overlock machine is, and if Brother is a good brand of serger. We also review the best brother sergers for sale, so you have quality Brother sergers to pick from.
If you’re in a hurry (or just curious!) –
✅ Check deals on Brother sergers
What’s the difference between a serger and a sewing machine?
Sergers and sewing machines are quite different. Sewing machines are more general use – they are able to finish edges of fabric, sew fabric together, add zippers and button holes, and even embroider. Sergers on the other hand are machines dedicated to finishing edges of fabric. Sergers finish the edges of fabric in a more professional and more durable fashion than a sewing machine with a zigzag stitch. Sergers also sew much faster than most sewing machines. This better edge encasing at faster speeds is why people often choose to have both a sewing machine and a serger.
What is an overlock machine?
An overlock machine is a serger. Specifically, an overlock machine is a type of serger that can do the overlock stitch. This stitch is used to finish the edges of fabric. Multiple threads wrap around the edge of your fabric to make it more stable and durable. While the edge is being finished, excess is exactly trimmed so that the edge is consistent and professional looking.
Is Brother a good brand of serger?
Brother is one of the best serger brands available. Like any machine, there are both good and bad versions and even in good versions there is the occasional lemon. Brother is considered one of the top brands for both sergers and sewing machines. Other great serger brands include Juki, Janome, and Babylock.
Best Brother Sergers for Sale
Brother 2340CV Coverstitch Serger
The Brother 2340 CV cover stitch is a great serger for doing coverstitch. This machine is designed to allow you to create many different cover stitches on different weights and types of fabric. This machine allows you to create both wide and narrow cover stitches. It can also do a tricover stitch. Cover stitches are great for hemming stretchy fabrics like cotton t-shirts, leggings, and anything spandex. Like most Brother serge machines, this one has a metal frame and internal parts. It also comes with color coded threading and adjustment dials. This machine does not trim the fabric as it sews, so if you are looking for a Brother overlocker that also trims the fabric you would not want this machine. This machine can also do a chain stitch for hems and belt loops. This machine sews at 1,100 stitches per minute.
- The Brother 2340CV is a sturdy coverstitch-dedicated serger made with a metal frame and internal parts.
- Two needle 2-3-4 cover stitch functions are great for working with stretch fabrics, as well as creating necklines and hems
- Featuring tri-cover stitch, wide and narrow coverstitches along with easy-to-follow color coded threading and cover stitch capability of 3mm to 6mm for thicker materials
- Maximum sewing speed of up to 1,100 stitches per minute allowing you to serger more in less time.
- Differential Feed: 0.7 – 2.0mm
- Fast thread looper system, color-coded guides on machine, and lay-in threading make the C2340CV easy to use
- Standard foot plus blind stitch and gathering foot are included with the 2340CV
Brother Overlock Serger, DZ1234
The Brother DZ1234 Overlock serger is what you typically think of when you think “serger”. This machine is specialized to doing the overlock stitch. This is the stitch you see on the inside of shirts and garments on the edges. This seam is both strong and durable, thanks to the overlock stitch. Overlock sergers can be setup to cut the fabric as you sew, so you get a very exact and professional fabric edge. This Brother overlock machine can be setup to use three or four different spools of thread, or cones. In addition to the overlock stitch, this machine can do a flatlock and rolled hem stitch. It can sew at speeds of 1,300 stitches per minute. It comes with three different accessory feet, a blind hem stitch, gathering, and piping feet. You can set the stitch width on this brother serger machine from between 3.0mm to 7.0mm. This allows you to have the perfect hem on your project. According to users who have a Brother 1034D, this machine is mechanically identical, with only cosmetic differences.
- The Brother Designio DZ1234 is a durable 3-4 thread serger made with a metal frame
- Adjustable stitch width between 3.0mm to 7.0mm allowing you to select the right stitch width for your project
- Fast stitching speed of up to 1,300 stitches per minute
- Brother DZ1234 comes with 3 accessory feet including blind hem stitch, gathering and piping feet in addition to 2 sets of starter thread
- Easy-to-use color-coded thread guides, numbered upper and lower thread loopers, included instructional video and printed manual
Brother ST4031HD Serger
The Brother ST4031HD is another great Brother serger machine. This machine is specially designed for use with heavy duty materials. This means that it can handle denim, vinyl, and light leathers. It can also handle the lighter fabrics like silks and cottons with ease. This Brother serger has a high-durability carbon steel blade for cutting the excess fabric as you sew. It also has a metal interior frame and parts for durability. The Brother ST4031HD includes a detachable table to provide extra workspace on larger projects. This machine can do an overlock, rolled hem and chain stitch. This machine can not do a cover stitch. This Brother overlock machine uses three to four threads depending on the stitch you are making. It has color coded guides to help you thread the machine. It can sew up to 13,000 stitches per minute and has stitch widths between 5.0mm and 7.0mm.
- The ST4031HD is a strong, reliable serger built to tackle heavy duty projects with its sturdy metal frame
- High durability blade made from extra hard carbon steel, producing a smoother cut edge and a clean, professional finish
- 1,300 Stitches per minute.
- Color-coded thread guides along with numbered upper and lower thread loopers make the ST4031HD easy to use
- 3 accessory feet come with the ST4031HD including standard, blind stitch, and gathering feet along with a large extension table for bigger projects
Brother is a great brand of serger with many highly reviewed and high quality sergers. These sergers here all have excellent reviews and come with many different features to make your next sewing project easier. If you are looking to buy a brother serger, these machines are all excellent choices.
- Looking for a serger capable of doing a coverstitch? Check out the best sergers with coverstitch